Today, more than ever before, businesses of all sizes are leveraging social media marketing to drive leads. This is especially true of Instagram, where your business can interact with current and potential customers in a way that’s engaging, personal, and authentic. That is why more than ever, Instagram Follower growth is so crucial to business owners.
You’ve probably heard about the importance of lead magnets for generating leads on your website. You may also know that Instagram is a place where you can, and should, offer lead magnets to your audience for free. But how do you know what kind of offers will work best for your business?
First, let’s take a look at some statistics:
– Millennials rely on customer reviews for purchase decisions. However, only 8% of customers actually leave reviews on their purchases.
– More than one-third of millennials and young adults (ages 18 to 29) use Instagram, compared to only 14% of those aged 30 and older.
– 96% of Millennials own a smartphone or tablet.
These statistics show you two things: first, your potential customers are using social media to learn about and buy products or services, and second (and more importantly), that the younger demographic is especially likely to use social media.
Your business can reach out to these consumers through Instagram by leveraging visual storytelling. One of the best ways you can do this is by creating a lead magnet that will capture your customers’ attention – then offer it to them for free on Instagram.
What’s a Lead Magnet?
A lead magnet is anything that encourages an individual to give you their email address in exchange for the offer itself. It can be something informative, as an ebook or webinar, or it can be something fun, informative, or entertaining, like a photo contest, coupon code, or free trial. A reputable Social Media Marketing company knows how to maneuver this tactic the best.
What Makes a Great Lead Magnet?
The best lead magnets offer value to the customer. If you’re using a fun, informative, or entertaining lead magnet, then it’s best if it’s something that your business can offer for free. It also needs to be of interest to your target market – if your target market isn’t interested in the lead magnet, then it won’t generate leads.
When creating a lead magnet that you’ll offer on Instagram, consider including some of the following:
– Offers that are informative or educational on topics related to your industry will be most likely to resonate with potential customers.
– A photo contest where participants need to use an image of your business has the potential to go viral. This offers your brand exposure for free, using customer-generated content.
– A coupon code or discount that applies to your products or services will encourage customers to make a purchase, and it will give them an incentive to share.
Once you’ve created your lead magnet, use Instagram to distribute it to your target audience. Here are a few tips for how to do that effectively:
– Use hashtags, but don’t overdo it. One out of every five posts on Instagram contains a hashtag – the trick is to use hashtags that your target market will actually use.
– Engage with your customers by commenting on their posts or liking them.
– Don’t be salesy, but do include a link to your website in your profile.
– Use relevant images.
Now that you know what makes a great lead magnet and how to distribute it through Instagram effectively, get started with creating one of your own or through an SEO expert!